We’re happy to introduce a few new improvements to the system that we’ve been working on for the past couple of months.
First off, we’ve made it possible on all bookings to see what notifications have been sent to the guest, including email and SMS. Besides that, you can see the whole notification message itself so that you’re always sure what has been communicated to the guest. You can see this information on all bookings, where they’ll show up in the right sidebar.
Any issues that may occurred when delivering the notification will also show here. As you can see on the screenshot below, the email was sent without any issues but sending the SMS failed and returned an error. You then have the option to edit the phone number and resend the SMS notification.
We know you rely on resOS always working, being easy to use and running fast, especially when you guys are the busiest. As it has always been one of our top priorities to optimize the performance of the system, we have made multiple improvements so that the system keeps being fast even after a full day of usage or on busy nights.
We’ve also heard some feedback regarding the search feature, that it sometimes could run slowly when having a large number of bookings or customers. This has now been optimized as well and should be a lot faster than before, hopefully, you can feel a difference.
If you still feel an issue with the speed of the system or the search, please reach out to us so we can keep improving it. We would also love to hear if you can feel it has become faster than earlier, so we can give our developers a high five.
We keep getting a lot of really good feedback from you guys, and we always try to do our best to implement it into resOS. This time around, among other things, we’ve added some new booking settings to make the system even more flexible.
We have added the following:
- Possibility to hide your contact information from guests in the booking flow.
- Possibility to hide the cancel button from guests, on the booking status page.
- Extra options to the payment time guests have when completing a prepayment/no-show.
- Extra options in the max time in advance a booking can be made.
- Extra options to what is required contact information when guests make a booking online.
- Option to disable tables getting automatically updated when you update people on a booking.
Besides that, we also fixed a few minor bugs in the system. You can see the overview below.
- Greece VAT issue
- Moved no-show status to the bottom of the status list, to avoid misclick. Additionally, added dialog asking to charge customers to reduce accidental charges.
- An issue with payment status not always showing the same status in the resOS app and booking status page.
- Design fix with areas/tables in the Schedule view.
- An issue with opening hours imported from Google.